Open Gardens 2014
Open Gardens 2014
Concept of the show:
- Is to showcase the top gardens of Mangaung to the public.
- Encourage citizens to plant roses and improve their gardens.
- The organizers invite gardeners and garden lovers to form part of this project
- You may enter a friend or neighbours garden, but only with their consent
- By entering garden owners agree to open the garden to the general public on the times as stated.
- Gardens are entered into specific categories and the top gardens in each category will be selected to be open to the public.
Process of the show
- Entry forms are obtainable from the following venues in Bloemfontein:
- Bruwer Kwekery
- Plants @ Preller
- Pretty Gardens
- Urth Garden Centre / Roses for U
- Greenside Nursery
- Pick N Pay Flower Market at Hyper and Northridge Mall
- Information Booth – Loch Logan Mall
- Private Established Gardens
- Private Developing Gardens
- Business Garden
- Neighbourhood parks / community gardens
Participants need to submit an entry form at any of the participating nurseries before 15 September at 14:00
Entries must consist of:
- Completed entry form
- A short description of the garden and its history (50 – 100 words)
This should be handed in a closed envelope to any of the participating nurseries. These gardens will be notified of an intended visit by the panel on 16 September.
- Times for visits will be arranged individually.
- The gardeners to take place in the project will be notified telephonically.
- Visits will be scheduled between 18 – 22 September.
- The top gardens will then be selected as an open garden for Mangaung Rosefestival for 2014.
- These gardeners will be informed of their partaking by latest 3 October.
- The decision of the panel will be final and no communication will be entered into with regards this decision.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of gardens that will be open.
- Be open to the public from 24 – 26 October from 11:00 to 15:00 daily.
CLOSING DATE: 15 September 2014 at 14h00