Open Your Garden to the Public
MANGAUNG OPEN GARDEN SHOW
Presented by Mangaung Rosefestival
Concept of the show:
- Is to showcase the top gardens of Mangaung to the public.
- Encourage citizens to plant roses and improve their gardens.
- The organizers invite gardeners and garden lovers to form part of this project
- You may enter a friend or neighbours garden, but only with their consent
- By entering garden owners agree to open the garden to the general public on the times as stated.
- Gardens are entered into specific categories and the top gardens in each category will be selected to be open to the public.
Process of the show
- Entry forms are obtainable from the following venues in Bloemfontein:
- Bruwer Kwekery
- Greenside Nursery
- Plants @ Preller
- Pretty Gardens
- Urth Garden Centre
- Roses for U Florist
- Private Established Gardens
- Private Developing Gardens
- Business Gardens
- Edible Gardens
- Schools / Community gardens / Parks
- Program for Year
- Entries close – 11 September
- Notification for visit by panel – 15 September (telephonically)
- Visits from panel – between 21 to 25 September (by appointment)
- Notification if in TOP Ten gardens – by 30 September
- Open to public – 23 (14:00 to 18:00) , 24 October (8:00 to 18:00)
- Participants need to submit an entry form at any of the participating nurseries before 11 September
- Entries must consist of
- Completed entry form
- A short description of the garden and its history (50 – 100 words)
This should be handed in a closed envelope to any of the participating nurseries.
- The decision of the panel will be final and no communication will be entered into with regards this decision. (We reserve the right to limit the number of gardens that will be open.)
ENTRIES CLOSING DATE: 11 September
OPEN TO PUBLIC: (23 October from 14:00 to 18:00 & 24 October 8:00 to 18:00)